VITALIPOSo You Can Be Your Best – You.
Want our monthly specials?
Get better aesthetic therapies, including VitaLipo, at Preventative Medical Clinic, a division of Kohll’s in Omaha, Nebraska.
At Preventative Medical Clinic, a division of Kohll’s in Omaha, Nebraska, we take great pride in helping you achieve your weight loss goals. VitaLipo is just one of the innovative solutions we are able to utilize.
What is this medicine used for?
VitaLipo (lipotropic injections) is used to help release fat deposits in some parts of the body, including:
- Inner thighs
Lipotropic or fat burning substances include:
- Methionine, which helps the liver remove fat
- Inositol, similar to methionine
- Choline, which distributes cholesterol and prevents it from getting deposited in one part of the body
- In some cases, a combination of these may be given.
– Because lipotropics directly aid fat breakdown and are closely related to B vitamins, when used together, they are thought to intensify each other’s effects.
– They are usually injected separately but as part of the same overall injection cycle.
Who should NOT take this medicine?
If you have an allergy to methionine, inositol, choline, or any part of this medicine. Tell your healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. This includes rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other symptoms involved.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
You may experience injection site irritation. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
How is it best taken?
This medication is to be injected intramuscularly. DO NOT inject intravenously. This medicine can be taken at any time during the day. Follow diet plan and exercise program as recommended by health care provider.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Take your next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take two doses at the same time.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
Potential side effects include:
- Stomach upset and urinary problems (due to the strain the injections place on the kidneys)
- Inability to control one’s urine and/or diarrhea
- Reports of an unpleasant odor
- Extreme exhaustion
- Unexplained pain in unrelated parts of the body
- Pain in the neck and parts of the hand
- Joint pains
- Allergic reactions
Call your healthcare provider immediately if you are experiencing any signs of an allergic reaction: wheezing, chest tightness, fever, itching, bad cough, blue skin color, fits or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat – and also if you experience severe behavioral problems, chest pain or pressure or fast heartbeat, severe dizziness or passing out, nervousness and excitability or severe headache.
How should I store this medicine?
- Store this medication at 59°F to 86°F (15°C to 30°C) and away from heat, moisture and light.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
- Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
- Do not flush unused medications or pour down a sink or drain.
Do not share or take anyone else’s medicine. Talk with your healthcare provider before starting any new medicine, including over-the-counter, natural products, or vitamins. This medication was compounded specifically for you. This patient information summarizes the most important information about your medication. If you would like more information, talk with your doctor.