SPORTS INJURIESHelping those with injuries get back on their feet — and back in the game.
Want our monthly specials?
Pain and Sports injuries can happen when playing sports, exercising, and can result from poor training practices and improper technique. Pain comes from a wide spectrum of disorders such as aging, disease or injury. At the Preventative Medical Clinic, we are highly qualified to help you safely manage this pain.
Most common symptoms of pain
- Pain that does not go away as expected after an injury.
- Pain that may be described as shooting, burning, aching, or electrical.
- Discomfort, soreness, tightness, or stiffness.
If you have any of these, you may want to do one of our procedures to help you become pain free.
- Breakdown of the joints, ligaments and cartilage from aging or injury
– Pain in the Knee, Shoulders, and Ankles
- Tight,stiff,muscle spasms, burning,tingling or numb areas
- back pain
- Neck Pain / Headaches
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Repeatedly injured weak areas
- Arthritic joints
- Defined as any pain lasting more than 12 weeks
- Common problem for people with arthritis
- Tendonitis from jobs or hobbies involving repetitive movements
Common Conditions Treated
- Cervical spine (arthritis, instability, degenerative disc disease)
- Lumbar or low back pain (arthritis, instability, disc disease, spondylosis, pain after surgery)
- Shoulder pain (tendonitis, arthritis, labral tears, recurrent subluxations)
- Elbow/wrist/hand pain
- Hip/Pelvis pain (arthritis, instability, chronic hamstring or IT band issues)
- Knee/Ankle/Foot pain (arthritis, sports injuries, plantar fasciitis, chronic sprains, bunion pain)
Preventative Medical Clinic solutions include PrP, Prolotherapy and Ozone treatments.Preventative Medical Clinic (PMC) is certified and trained in PRP, Prolotherapy and Ozone procedures, which means every member of our medical team has passed certification for the preparation and application of PRP, Prolotherapy and Ozone treatments. Our practitioners continually attend professional education conferences on all these treatments
- Platelet Rich Plasma PRP – PRP stands for Platelet Rich Plasma. PRP is concentrated platelets and white blood cells derived from your own blood. New research articles sum up the excitement of using PrP in repairing and regenerating cartilage.Your blood is drawn and spun down and then injected in the injured area.
For more information about PRP click here
- Prolotherapy – A homeopathic solution that is delivered to the areas of pain via local injection. The solution stimulates healing through it’s ability to raise growth factors by causing low grade inflammation. These growth factors initiate connective tissue repair. The ultimately improves pain.
For more information about Prolotherapy click here
- Ozone – Ozone is activated oxygen (O3) and when injected it is able to stimulate the fibroblastic repairing abilities Ozone can be combined with Prolotherapy and PRP or used independently. This use of Ozone allows the area to heal much more quickly by increasing oxygenation and blood flow to area.
Get better quality of life with the latest Platelet Rich Plasma Treatments, including those for injury recovery, at Preventative Medical Clinic, a division of Kohll’s in Omaha, Nebraska.