Want our monthly specials?
Get better aesthetic therapies, including Hair Restoration, at Preventative Medical Clinic, a division of Kohll’s in Omaha, Nebraska.
It can range from embarrassing – to traumatic.
Count on Preventative Medical Clinic, a division of Kohll’s in Omaha, Nebraska, to help address a prime concern for men and women these days – hair loss.
You may ask yourself:
- Am I actually losing my hair? How fast? How Much?
- Do I have hair breakage or damage?
- Which products should I use?
- How will I know they’re working?
- Can very early hair loss be detected before it’s visible?
Preventative Medical Clinic, a division of Kohll’s in Omaha, Nebraska, can help you strengthen and lengthen your locks – utilizing Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatments.
PRP is showing impressive results for:
- Those with thinning hair
- Those with androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness)
- Hair loss at the top of the scalp
- Receding hairline particularly along the temples
- Female pattern hair loss at all stages of hair loss
- Male pattern baldness especially in the early stages of balding, or anytime there is a lot of miniaturized hair on the scalp
- Metabolic causes like, iron deficiency and medication-induced hair loss
- Hypotrichosis (fine/reduced hairs) of the eyebrows or beard
Benefits of PRP Hair Treatments include:
- Natural Treatment
- Contains essential proteins that stimulate natural hair growth.
- Causes miniaturized hair follicles to become healthier and larger, producing more robust hair growth
- Loaded with growth factors that promote rapid angiogenesis and localized cell growth.
- Has also regrown hair in alopecia areata, eyebrow hypotrichosis and other patient cases with non-hereditary hair loss.
- Promotes blood vessel growth, cell replication, skin formation
- Promotes blood vessel formation
- Promotes cell growth and differentiation, blood vessel formation, collagen formation
What is the PRP Hair Treatment?
Much like its predecessor, the Vampire Facelift, the Vampire Hair Treatment uses platelet rich plasma technology sourced from the patient’s own blood to stimulate the follicles and induce hair growth.
- The Vampire Hair Treatment Isolates the “magic” from your blood.
- The practitioner draws your blood from your arm (just like getting a blood test done).
- Then, using a centrifuge, the physician isolates platelets from that blood (platelet-rich plasma or PRP) – all within about 10 minutes in the office.
- Only the extracted PRP and growth factors will be used.
- The role of PRP in hair restoration is to stimulate inactive or newly implanted hair follicles into an active growth phase.
How does it work?
The PRP is it regenerative technology that deploys aspects of your own biochemistry. The eight growth factors that are released from the platelets will instinctively know how to repair and strengthen the specific tissues where they reside.
- Local anaesthetic injections are then injected into the scalp, which will ensure the area is numb.
- The scalp is then stimulated with a Dermaroller.
- Once the syringes are ready, the PRP is injected into the scalp – primarily in the areas of concern.
Is all PRP the same?
Unfortunately not, and this is where it can get confusing for patients and practitioners. The quality, strength and duration of the PRP hair regrowth treatments are directly related to:
- The preparation protocols
- Centrifuge settings
- The use of ECM (BioD or ACell)
- And, most importantly, the training of the staff (PMC is proud to be trained by Charles Runnels the inventor of the Vampire treatments.)
At PMC, we use either the FDA-approved Autologel PRP process or Yes PRP system to separate and activate Platelet Rich Plasma for use as a stand-alone therapy or in conjunction with hair transplantation.
Are there any dangerous side effects?
Since all of the constituents retrieved in PRP are exclusively from YOU, there is no risk of allergic reaction or intolerance ever reported in the literature in several thousand papers written on the subject. Mild soreness and redness of the scalp, if any, resolves in less than a day and improved hair growth can be measured in a matter of weeks.
How long is the treatment?
The comfortable, outpatient procedure takes less than one hour to perform and patients may resume all activities, including workouts, shampooing, etc. immediately afterwards as there is no recovery phase
How long does it take to see results?
The optimum results can be seen at three months. At this stage it is decided whether a second treatment is required or not. PRP to treat hair loss has been championed by many surgeons quietly for the past few years, and studies underway are showing promising results that the procedure does stimulate the growth of new hair follicles.
How do we measure results?
As with any hair regrowth treatment, results initially can be subtle. At PMC, we know that our PRP/ECM protocols are providing significant stimulation of hair regrowth and hair follicle rejuvenation, measurable with HairCheck trichometry in just weeks.
Who is the PRP Hair Treatment NOT for?
Though PRP treatment yields great results for people suffering from hair loss, it’s not for everyone. People who have lost all hair cannot undergo this treatment as it does not help grow new hair on a bald patch. It can only make the existing thinning hair thicker by strengthening the hair follicles
PMC is proud to be trained by Charles Runnels the inventor of the Vampire treatments. That means that every member of our medical team has passed certification for the preparation and application of PRP–and we have continuing education on PRP preparation each year. At PMC, we prepare and administer PRP every single day.