VARICOSE VEINS / SPIDER VEINSWelcome to the intersection of innovation — and aesthetics.
Want our monthly specials?
Get better aesthetic therapies, including laser treatments for unsightly spider veins, at Preventative Medical Clinic, a division of Kohll’s in Omaha, Nebraska.
Get better treatments for varicose veins, spider veins and purple skin pigments at Preventative Medical Clinic (PMC), a division of Kohll’s in Omaha, Nebraska.
• A common problem that affect millions of individuals – with women being more likely affected than men.
• Large, raised, swollen blood vessels that twist and turn
• Smaller than varicose veins
• Red, purple, and blue vessels that also twist and turn.
• Easily visible through the skin
• Typically visible on the legs and face
Purple skin pigment
• Usually caused by poor circulation and skin inflammation that develops with poor circulation
• Most often occurs in the lower legs (because that’s where blood typically collects) but can be on the face as well
• Caused by prolonged periods of standing or sitting, trauma, weight gain, pregnancy, heredity, hormone changes
• Wounds may occur because of improper functioning of venous valves
Solutions for Varicose Veins, Spider Veins and Purple Skin Pigments
Laser Treatment of unsightly leg veins
• One of the most requested aesthetic procedures
• Using a combination of therapies, our practitioners are able to safely and effectively treat both superficial and deep spider veins and varicose veins as well as hemosiderin staining (brownish-purple skin pigments)
• Vessels can be selectively heated and collapsed without damaging the surrounding healthy tissue thanks to selective photo thermolysis
• Minimal risk of side effects
• No need for injections
• Because treatment often requires multiple wavelengths, Kohll’s PMC laser puts this at the fingertips of the practitioner.
• A proven medical procedure, in use since the 1930s, to eliminate varicose veins and spider veins
• Involves an injection of a solution (generally a salt solution) directly into the vein
• This irritates the lining of the blood vessel, causing it to swell and stick together, and the blood to clot.
• Over time, the vessel turns into scar tissue that fades from view.
• Patients may experience some short-lived, mild discomfort as a result of the injections
Anyone’s legs can feel better while wearing gradient compression stockings, especially those of us who spend too much time in sedentary sitting or standing positions.
• Available at Kohll’s Pharmacy in below-the-knee, above-the-knee and pantyhose styles
• Can be measured for your particular size
• May be covered by insurance
Compression stocking work by applying graduated pressure along the legs. (In other words, compression stockings are tighter at the ankle and decrease in pressure as you move up the leg.)
• This pressure improves blood circulation as compression of the surface arteries, veins and muscles in the lower legs helps propel blood back up toward the heart.
• Increased blood circulation can help relieve many different medical conditions
The most conservative approach is simply to wear properly-fitting support hose, especially when the veins cause painful or uncomfortable symptoms.